I hope you're having a great week.
- As a part of their west coast summer tour, Anthony DiSalvo, the Executive Director of Sprout films, the internationally known group of NYC filmmakers will hold their 2015 Washington State film festival here, at Hoquiam's 7th Street Theater on May 16th at 7:00 pm. Tickets will be $10 or $25 for a family pack of five tickets. Tickets are available at the Arc office or at Brown Paper Tickets.Catch us May 12th on Live at 9 (KXRO) and our ads on KXRO and Kix 95.3.
- ... on that same morning (8:30 am May 16th), South Sound Parent to Parent, Grays Harbor Brain Injury Support Group and Molina Healthcare will be holding an All abilities Walk, Roll and Stroll. The starting line is the 200 block of 8th street in Hoquiam. A fun event to start a fun day!
- 2015 NAMIWalks Washingtonwill be on June 6th.
- The Washington Coast NAMI offers Family Support Group on May 19th from 5:30 to 7:00 at the Aberdeen library
- The Washington State Nonprofit conferenceis May 13th
- The next Parent to Parent of Grays Harbor support meeting will be May 21st at 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm
- Apply for benefits. The DSHS Mobile Customer Services Office (CSO) is coming Wednesday, May 6th to the Hoquiam Food Bank at 720 K Street.
- Drexel University online is offering a free webinardescribing behavioral strategies for promoting success among individuals with Autism.
- Behavioral intervention specialists, Basics NW, is holding parent training on the third Wednesday of every month.
- The "Let's get connected" community summit get-togethers are on the first Tuesday of each month. The next meeting will be May 5th. Prizes and food! Contact the Arc office for details.
- Nothing to do? Have you checked out the Greater Grays Harbor, Inc online calendar?
- The WISE community summitwill be June 16th thru June 18th at the Wenatchee Convention Center.
- The Infant and Early Childhood Conferencewill be held May 6th thru 8th at the Tacoma Convention Center.
- Shop Amazon Smileand donate 0.5% to The Arc of Grays Harbor and many other local charities.
- Washington State's Developmental Disability Council has developed a new Person Centered Planning app.
- Like gardening? The Arc of Grays Harbor is partnering withCultivating Roots, the local youth based program as an element of our intentional inclusion project.
- Montesano Honor Explorers will is holding a "Dos De Mayo" fun run on May 2nd (naturally) and MHS drama club will present "Hot Rod" on May 1st 2nd and 3rd.
- Keep an eye out for the Arc of the US public service announcement "The Arc Across a Lifetime" on NBC.
It is shaping up to be a great summer!