School is right around the corner? Say it ain't so!
- The Lewis County Autism Coalition will host it's 5th annual Autism Conferenceon October 16th in Chehalis.
- The schedule for Arc's Advocacy Days, helping people learn the legislative process in person, is now available online.
- The "Let's get connected" community summit get-togethers are on the first Tuesday of each month. The next meeting will be September 1st. Prizes and food! Contact the Arc office for details.
- Washington State Developmental Disabilities Administration has begun moving individualsand families to the new Individuals and Family Services Waiver.
- The Washington Access Fund is now offering financial counseling servicesto people with disabilities to promote financial wellbeing.
- Cultivating Roots is hosting a BBQ to thank volunteers, partners and participants on August 27th.
- Greater Grays Harbor, Incwill host their 124th leader's banquet on October 16th at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino.
- South Sound Parent to Parent and Grays Harbor Community foundation are putting on a free "Wake up your brain" family event on August 25th.
- SSP2P is also offering a Positive Discipline class starting September 14that their office in Lacey.
- People First of Grays Harbor are looking for new members, contact the Arc office for details.
- Grays Harbor Parent-to-Parent will have our next parent discussion group at 1:00pm August 20th at the Arc office.
- Grays Harbor Alzheimers Association will meet August 18th at 1:00.
- People First of Grays Harbor are planning a Halloween party, contact the Arc office for details.
- On August 31st, DDA is hosting a seminar with David Pitonyaktitled "Beyond Behaviors" at Highline Community College.
- Nothing to do? Have you checked out the Greater Grays Harbor, Inc online calendar?
- Shop Amazon Smileand donate 0.5% to The Arc of Grays Harbor and many other local charities.
- Funding for ASD research is trending up.
- The DD council has released a great video about preparing individuals with disabilities for independent living.
Have a great week!