- What's the difference between an ABLE account and a DD endowment trust fund? See this article by the DD Council to find out.
- Parent to Parent of Grays Harbor is hosting parent discussion groups, learn from other parents!
- Parent to Parent of Grays Harbor is expanding into Pacific County! Contact The Arc of Grays Harbor for details.
- People First is a great self-advocacy organization that meets at the Arc office at 5:30pm on the second Thursday of the month.
- The Arc is now offering Community guide and community engagement services as well as community-based respite services for DDA clients.
- The Arc of the US has a huge library of informative webinars on a huge variety of topics related to developmental disabilities
- Know a student looking for a summer job... THAT INCLUDES A BONUS? WHAT? With the generous support of Pac Mountain Workforce Development Council, and in partnership with Worksource Grays Harbor, the Arc is offering summer youth employment for 15 area HS students 16-21 who have an IEP or 504 plan.
- The Transition Council of Grays Harbor is offering a series of workshops at area high schools to help prepare students for adult life.
- On the second Wednesday of each month, Parent to Parent of Grays Harbor and the Arc are hosting meetings of the GH Autism Task Force, where medical professionals and interested parties work to improve services on the Harbor.
- Microsoft is hosting an ability summit and Job Fair on May 31st.
- Susanna Frame of KING TV is looking for stories from Special Education Parents.
- The Teen Advocacy Coalition of Pacific County is offering Teen Mental Health First Aid class on May 7th
- The Arc and Parent to Parent of Grays Harbor are offering a fun and informative WeCan Club, the second Thursday of the month at 5:30pm.
- The Arc and Tess Lawson are also currently offering free STAT (Screening Test for Autism in Toddlers). Ask your pediatrician for a referral.
- CDC: "One in 59 kids are on the autism spectrum"
|People First||May 10th||5:30|
|We Can Club||May 10th||5:30|
|Autism Task Force||May 9th||5:30|
|Parent to Parent connections||May 16th||5:00|