- The association of University Centers on Disability has a great video explaining the benefits of an ABLE account.
- What's the difference between an ABLE account and a DD endowment trust fund? See this article by the DD Council to find out.
- Parent to Parent of Grays Harbor is hosting parent discussion groups, learn from other parents!
- Parent to Parent of Grays Harbor is expanding into Pacific County! Contact The Arc of Grays Harbor for details.
- Informing families has a wonderfully informative bulletin. Available on the web or subscribe via email.
- When should care providers call 911?
- The Arc of GH is hosting a transition seminar about Able savings accounts on January 8th.
- The Arc of the US is holding a webinar about grief.
- Advocacy days are January 16th.
- The Arc of Grays Harbor is recruiting community liaisons to help educate parents of transitioning students about community services. Training is December 11th at noon.
- The legislative session starts in a few weeks, here's what advocacy organizations consider their priorities.
- Did you know that Grays Harbor County has a larger percentage of our people on the wait list for DD services than any other county?
- Help for affordable children's eyeglasses available
- Meet your elected representatives and let them know what's important to you. The Arc is tentatively scheduling a legislative reception at 2:00 on January 4th at the Arc office.
- Informing families is seeking feedback on Transition services.
- The Arc is now offering Community guide and community engagement services as well as community-based respite services for DDA clients.
- The Arc of the US has a huge library of informative webinars on a huge variety of topics related to developmental disabilities.
- The Arc and Parent to Parent of Grays Harbor are offering a fun and informative WeCan Club, the second Thursday of the month at 5:30pm.
- The Arc and Tess Lawson are also currently offering free STAT (Screening Test for Autism in Toddlers). Ask your pediatrician for a referral.
|People First||December 13th||5:30|
|We Can Club - Pot luck!||December 13th||5:30|
|Community Liaison Training||December 11th||12:00|
|Parent to Parent connections||December 12th||5:30|
|Legislative reception (tentative)||January 4th||2:00|