- The association of University Centers on Disability has a great video explaining the benefits of an ABLE account.
- Work from home! Ultratesting is looking for ASD individuals to serve as software testers.
- What's the difference between an ABLE account and a DD endowment trust fund? See this article by the DD Council to find out.
- Parent to Parent of Grays Harbor is hosting parent discussion groups, learn from other parents!
- Parent to Parent of Grays Harbor is expanding into Pacific County! Meetings are on the First Wednesday of the month.
- Informing families has a wonderfully informative bulletin. Available on the web or subscribe via email.
- When should care providers call 911?
- The Arc of GH is hosting a transition seminar About Guardianship on February 12th .
- Advocacy days are happening now! Family supports day is January 30th.
- The Arc of Grays Harbor is recruiting community liaisons to help educate parents of transitioning students about community services. Contact the Arc of GH for details.
- The legislative session is happening now, here's what advocacy organizations consider their priorities.
- Did you know that Grays Harbor County has a larger percentage of our people on the wait list for DD services than any other county?
- Help for affordable children's eyeglasses available
- Thank you to everyone who attended our legislative reception. If you were unable to attend, video of the event is available.
- Informing families is seeking feedback on Transition services.
- The Arc is now offering Community guide and community engagement services as well as community-based respite services for DDA clients.
- The Arc of the US has a huge library of informative webinars on a huge variety of topics related to developmental disabilities.
- The Arc and Parent to Parent of Grays Harbor are offering a fun and informative WeCan Club, the second Thursday of the month at 5:30pm.
- The Autism Task force is now on Facebook.
- The Arc and Tess Lawson are also currently offering free STAT (Screening Test for Autism in Toddlers). Ask your pediatrician for a referral.
- Government Shutdown takes toll on people with disabilities.
|People First||February 14th||5:30|
|We Can Club||February 14th||5:30||Valentines day cookies!|
|GH Parent to Parent connections||February 13th||5:30|
|Pacific Parent to Parent connections||February 6th||5:30||First meeting! Introductions|
|Transition workshop - Guardianship||Februrary 12th||5:30|