- WashingtonLawHelp and Northwest Justice Project has posted a great article titled "What to do when your child with disabilities is turning 18" It is also available in Spanish. It has especially good advice with regard to guardianship.
- The Arc is now offering Community guide and community engagement services for DSHS clients.
- The We Can Club is the First Thursday of each month. Crafts, cooking and fun! The next one is February 2nd.
- The transition council will be holding a transition presentation at Elma High School on 2/7/17 @ 6:00
- The Legislature is now in session! Contact your representative to let them know how important services are to people with disabilities.
- This spring, Monica Meyer consulting is presenting a series of two-part webinars on the topic of adult autism.
- Roads to community living is hosting a series of free trainings on supporting people with autism in the community.
- The Arc of the US is presenting several great free online webinars, the first of which will be on February 7th titled Tips to Interact Effectively with Law Enforcement
- The "Let's get connected" get-togethers are on the first Tuesday of each month. Next meeting is February 7th. Prizes and food! Contact the Arc office for details.
- Speaking of Let's get connected, they now have a facebook group, check it out to see the calendar of social events!
- The Arc and Food Sense are hosting an 8-week series of interactive and fun cooking and nutrition classes starting Tuesday, January 24th
- The Department of Vocational Rehabilitiation has some excellent programs to support high school students in transition
- Tess Lawson BSc(Psych) is hosting a new book study session every fourth Wednesday at noon here at The Arc. The next book is The Thorn in My Pocket. The next session on this book will be January 25th.
- On the second Wednesday of each month, the Arc of GH is hosting meetings of the GH Autism Task Force, where medical professionals and interested parties work to improve services on the Harbor. The next two meetings will be Tonight - January 11th and February 8th at 6:00 at the Arc office.
- The Arc and Tess Lawson are also currently offering free STAT (Screening Test for Autism in Toddlers). Ask your pediatrician for a referral.
- Exercise may cut behavior issues in half.
|Book Study||January 25th||12:00||The Thorn in My pocket|
|Autism Task Force||February 8th||6:00||What is ABA?|
|We Can Club||February 2nd||5:00||Club get together|