Supports residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities live safe and meaningful lives in our Adult Family Home.
* Address client needs with respect and attention to safety.
* Assist clients with daily living activities
* Records client information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying agency nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
* Engage with clients in a manner that promotes their independence and dignity.
* Meal preparation, planning and grocery shopping.
* Light housekeeping.
* Updates job knowledge and maintains certified nursing assistant status by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; fulfilling continuing education requirements.
* Protects the organization by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
* High school diploma or GED
* Current HCA or CNA certification
* DDA specialty training
* Current CPR and first aid training
* At least 18 years of age
* Valid Drivers License
* Ability to pass a background check
* Ability to read and speak English
* Ability to pass a TB test
* Proven ability to behave with respect and compassion
* Professional and upbeat attitude